We are looking for a skilled structural Welder to cut and join metals using FCAW at our facilities or construction sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate overhead crane and fork lift
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety